Windows has introduced a free code editor, which is Notepad++. It is the advanced version of notepad with many new features and tools. In comparison to notepad, Notepad++ occupies less space. You can use this to save information, texts, and important documents in the system’s memory.
As per the demands of the users, Notepad++ has launched the dark mode. The new version comes with a unique User Interface(UI) which makes it look modern. When you apply a theme in Notepad++, then the UI remains the same while the part where you code changes.
So, if you’re a Notepad++ user and want to use its latest UI features, scroll down for the easiest hacks to set the dark mode.
This article will find two easy processes to enable Notepad++ dark mode in just five minutes.
Before that, if you don’t find anything exciting about the dark mode until now, here are some quick explanations.
What is Notepad++?
Notepad is Microsoft Windows free text and open source code editor, and it was introduced in November 2003. You can enjoy many features as per your requirement without spending a single penny.
According to you, you can develop files along with coding languages, create, edit, copy, paste, delete, and more in the text. It consumes only 3.9 MB, and it is a safe application.
It is available in 90 languages and serves a variety of modes for theme, text, and fonts. The UI of Notepad++ is also adjustable in different ways. You can also work on split screens with more than one file.
See Also: How To Check RAM Frequency [5 Simple Ways]
Pros of Notepad++
- The software of Notepad++ is convenient and easy to operate.
- The User Interface(UI) is user-friendly.
- Notepad++ autosaves the information, texts, or documents.
- With the help of replacing options, it finds and replaces unusual statements.
- It provides more than 50 programs, scripting, and markup languages.
- You can go through 20 different types of themes under settings.
Cons of Notepad++
- Notepad++ has restricted features and performance and is only restricted to windows.
- It hangs while updating the application as it asks for updates repeatedly.
- Sometimes, it creates issues while opening bigger files of more than 100MB.
Why Use Dark Mode In Notepad++?
Apart from using the latest UI options on Notepad++, including the dark mode feature, there’re some practical usabilities too. So if you’re confused about shifting to the dark mode while using Notepad++, go through these points once.
- Dark moded reduces blue light exposure, which helps work more time without hurting the eyes. So you can work on the Notepad++ editor while preventing eye strains, headaches, and blurred vision.
- While using the light mode in the editor can create irritating glare and reflection under bright light in the room. On the other hand, the dark mode in Notepad++ would cut the glare and deliver a comfortable view on the screen.
- People who are used to working late at night, right before going to bed, can use the dark mode to avoid frequent insomnia. As this mode would help protect the eyes, you can gradually sleep without much stress.
- Dark mode would consume comparatively less battery than the light mode. So you can work on your PC for a long time without the tension of running out of battery. Mainly in remote places where you can’t get a power supply, this mode would help you work comfortably and for more time as well.
Now, if you’re all set to know the easiest technique to get the Notepad++ dark mode for yourself, let’s move to the next section.
See Also: How To Backup Tumblr Blog?
How To Install Notepad++ On Your Computer?
If you wish to have Notepad++ on your computer or laptop, then follow the given steps:
For the installation of Notepad++, visit the official website of Notepad++ or straightly search it on Google. Check the topmost link that appears on your screen.
Check the column on the left side of the screen. Then, click on the download section.
Now, you can choose the version of Notepad++ that you want to install. But, always go for the foremost link, which is the latest version.
Click on the green download button to start the installation operation and wait for the download to complete.
When the installation procedure is complete, you can finally run the program on your PC.
See Also: The Best Tasker Profiles [Our Top Picks]
Best 2 Ways for Setting Dark Background in Notepad++
Following are the best two ways for setting dark background in notepad++
Enable Dark Mode in Notepad++
Method 1 Open Notepad++ on your desktop or laptop and go to the menu bar at the window’s top side. Here you can find the option “Settings.” Click on it to get a drop-down menu. Now go to the first option, “Preferences,” and click on it.
Method 2: A new window will open named “Preferences” in Notepad++. Here, you can find a column on the left-hand side of the window. Go to the third option named “Dark Mode” and click on it. There is no need to change anything in the “General” or “Editing” settings.
Method 3: In the next step, you need to click on the box written, “Enable dark mode.” As you check the box, you can see the whole window is turning black instantly. Under this option, you can find the options to set a tone like black, red, or blue.
You can click on any of the colors to add an enhancement to the black theme.
Method 4: You can also customize the tone as per your preference. There are different color options for distinct menus and text. As you complete the setting, just close the window as it would automatically save your selections.
See Also: Raspberry Pi Zero Projects That Are Worth Considering
Enable Dark Background Theme in Notepad++
If you want to set the editor background theme as darker and keep the menu bar and other windows in a light theme, that’s too is possible in Notepad++. Let’s find out how.
Method 1: Open Notepad++ and go to the “Settings” from the menu bar. Choose the second option named “Style Configurator…” from the drop-down list and click on it.
Method 2: A new window will open named “Style Configurator” inside Notepad++. You can find distinct options such as “Theme,” “Language,” “Style, etc. From the “Select Theme” options, you need to select the third option as “Blackboard” to set the editor as black.
Method 3: The editor will turn to black immediately as you click on the “Blackboard” theme. You can find the “Foreground” as white and the “Background” as black from the “Colour style” section as well. Selecting the “Language” and “Font Style” is up to you, and it won’t affect the background settings.
As you finish all the selections, click on the “Save & Close” button below to save the changes you made in the Notepad++ theme.
See Also: Fix “File Explorer Not Opening In Windows 10” Issue
As professionals use this Notepad++ editor, developers, and programmers with some crucial tasks, usage of this can’t be ignored or compromised. So let’s switch to comfortable usability with a dark mode UI option for a better experience.
This article will help you with all the necessary steps to be followed to enable Notepad++ dark mode in a couple of minutes.
Natasha Mascarenhas is a reporter at ExploTech covering early stage startups and venture capital trends. She also tracks the different networks that play into founder success, from loneliness to immigration. Before ExploTech, Natasha reported on the same beat for Crunchbase News.