How to uninstall games from steam easily? Any game you’ve purchased on Steam is relatively simple to remove and reinstall. Even if you uninstall a game from your PC, it will remain in your Steam library in case you wish to reinstall it at a later point. Purchased games are permanently linked to your account so that you won’t lose access to them.
It’s almost as simple to remove a game on Steam as installing one. You can uninstall a game from Steam in a few different ways. You may do so directly on the platform, using the Add/Remove Programs tool in Windows or the Steamapps folder in File Explorer. The suggested option is to erase it from the platform itself, as it is the simplest and fastest method. Before continuing, you need to know your Steam password, so make sure you have it accessible.
See Also : How to Check RAM Frequency [5 Simple Ways]
How to Uninstall games from Steam directly
Follow these steps:
- Open the Steam client and log in using your username and password.
- Then, in the top navigation menu, select the Library tab.
- In your library, right-click the game you wish to delete and select Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Before deletion, you’ll get a confirmation popup. Steam will ask you whether you want to remove the game entirely.
- When you’re ready to remove the game, click the Delete button.
- In your Steam library, the title of the uninstalled game will now be greyed out.
- This will now remove the game from your computer. You will need to install it to play it. Open Steam and go to the LIBRARY if you want to play the game later. Then right-click on the game’s name and select Install from the menu. After that, follow the on-screen directions to reinstall it on your computer.
See Also: How To Find Someone On Discord Without Their Tag Number
How to Uninstall games from Steam through Windows Apps and Features
You may remove your Steam games using Windows’ Programs and Features menu, just like any other Windows application you’ve installed or uninstalled. Use this technique if you don’t want to uninstall a game from Steam and instead want to remove it from your PC. If you want to remove multiple apps simultaneously, including games, you might prefer this option. It’s an excellent approach to get rid of Steam games from your PC while also getting rid of a few other things that are eating up space.
To uninstall games from steam, follow these steps :
- Open the Programs and Features dialogue box. By entering “programs and features” or “Apps & features” into the taskbar search window and clicking on it, you can find what you’re looking for. Select Settings from the menu by right-clicking the Start sign in the lower-left corner of the desktop screen. Go to Apps and choose it. Click the Start sign on the left, then the Settings icon on the right. Go to Apps and choose it.
- Next, to uninstall games from steam, expand the menu by left-clicking on the game you wish to delete.
- To begin the procedure, click the Uninstall option.
- You’ll be at the Steam login page at this point. To log in, use the required credentials. It will show the final confirmation box to you.
- To complete the uninstall, click Delete. It will remove the game from your computer. However, if you want to restore the game, there is no way to do so without using the Steam interface.
See Also : How to Change Twitter Handle | Top 3 Tested Methods
How to Uninstall games from the Steamapps folder.
By going to File Explorer and selecting Delete, you may manually delete the game. This is the most effective technique to confirm that the game has been completely uninstalled from your computer. This does not mean it will delete the game from your Steam library, but it will not be there on your PC.
To uninstall games from steam follow these steps :
- Go to your Steam installation folder; the default installation location for Windows 10 is C: Program Files (x86)Steam.
- Locate and open the steam apps folder in the Steam folder.
- Next, go to the Common folder to get a complete list of the games that are already installed.
- Locate the game you want to uninstall, then highlight the folder (left-click it) and press the Delete key on your keyboard. You may also choose to delete the folder by right-clicking it and selecting Delete from the menu options.
See Also : How to Cancel Spotify Premium on iPhone [Step by Step Guide]
These were the ways on how to uninstall games on steam easily. Your PC will now be free of the game. The newly removed game should still be in the Library when you return to the Steam app, but it should be greyed out. You may need to erase all settings and save files from eliminating all traces of the game ever being in your PC. These files are normally in the Saved Games folder, Documents folder, or AppData folder.
See Also: 0x8000ffff Windows 10 Update Error[Fixed]
Natasha Mascarenhas is a reporter at ExploTech covering early stage startups and venture capital trends. She also tracks the different networks that play into founder success, from loneliness to immigration. Before ExploTech, Natasha reported on the same beat for Crunchbase News.