History’s most famous gaming console, the Play station 4, has been a widely used and loved gadget over the last few years. Exclusive games, the right price point, and great graphics are just some factors that have contributed to the worldwide popularity of this gaming console. Above all, having a library filled with different, engaging experiences is the main factor in determining the sustainability and success of a console. For a long time, Sony has known this and has focused on creating a unique, larger-than-life gaming experience for their gaming devices, thus making playstation an exciting purchase for gaming enthusiasts, but what if you want to know how to delete a profile on ps4.
See Also: How To Uninstall Games From Steam [3 Easy Ways]
With the device being enormously famous amongst gamers of all ages, running out of space to create accounts on your device is not uncommon. With families using this device as a common source of entertainment, users often reach their limit of creating new profiles and face the need to delete profiles. Many also feel the need to eliminate data that is no longer needed, coming from profiles they no longer use. If you are a Ps4 fanatic, this is your guide and plan to declutter your console.
See Also: How To Change Gamertag On Xbox App [Full Guide]
Let’s quickly look at how to delete a profile on ps4 without hassle
- Turn on your console and sign in to your account.
- Head onto the “Function Area,” a long row of icons present just above your games and applications.
- Now, scroll through the function area and find the setting option towards the right of this row.
- Once you click on settings, you will be presented with a dropdown menu. Under this menu, you will find the option of “Login settings.”
- Next, click on the “User management” option under the login settings menu. This will lead you to the possibility of creating or deleting a user.
- Click on Delete user and choose the profile you want to delete.
And voila, now you can delete your profile. You can now create a new profile for yourself or your friends and family or clear more shapes you may not need anymore.
See Also: How To Use Nvidia ShadowPlay To Record Games?
How to Take Care of Your Data After Deletion
Once you know how to delete a profile on ps4 and when you deactivate a PlayStation account from your system, the system will erase all data you associate with the user, including stored game data and screenshots. Furthermore, automatic deletion will take the place of the license to that content; any applications, programs, or media purchased by the profile will become unavailable. The only exemption is if another user on the device also has a request for the item in issue.
See Also: How To Tell If Someone Deleted You On Snapchat?
If users want to use the game again, they can redownload their Playstation account. The deletion method detailed above does not erase an account from Sony’s system; The process must be different if you want to delete an account entirely. This process focuses on deleting other profiles that users may not want on their consoles. This helps free up space, gives room for guests to join in, and makes space available for new data.
If you want to learn how to delete your profile on ps4, you can contact their Contact support center. Have your email id and login password handy if you plan to do so. Once you have these in place, get the help center via Playstation’s official website,e. They will assist you with the deletion process.
Things to Consider Before You Delete Your Account
If you’re looking to go through how to delete a profile on ps4, there are a few things you might want to consider before you make the final step.
- You cannot use your account ID to register a new account with PlayStation.
- The content you bought with your account can’t be accessed anymore.
- You will be unable to access any of your subscriptions.
- You will no longer have access to your PSN wallet.
- If the reimbursement follows the PlayStation Store cancellation policy, you will only receive a refund. However, there is a fair chance that you might not receive a refund when you lose access to purchased content.
- You cannot transfer purchased material to another account.
- You will not be able to recover the funds currently in your PSN wallet.
See Also: Best MTU Settings For PS4
Users must consider these things to protect themselves from data loss they might have loaded on their Playstation accounts. Overall, Sony’s Playstation offers an easy solution to users looking for how to delete profiles on ps4. It is an efficient,easy-to-follow process, especially for young audiences using this device. . For more information, users can also check the Terms & Conditions to make an informed decision when faced with any other issues.
Amber got her start covering technology at PC World in 2004. Since then she’s worked for MaximumPC, TechHive, The Wirecutter, and Engadget covering topics from smartphones and monitors to backpacks and baby wearables. Her work has also appeared on InfoWorld, MacWorld, Details, Apartment Therapy, and Broke-Ass Stuart. A graduate of San Francisco State University, she currently covers parenting tech for Engadget which she stresses tests on her twin toddlers.